Coconut milk has many uses in the kitchen. It is one of the great ingredients that many homeowners use in preparing tasty dishes and recipes. Coconut milk can be used in many different ways, from preparing delicious desserts to delectable main courses that countless food lovers enjoy.
Sometimes though when you are using coconut milk in your home there may be instances when your clumsiness gets the better of you and you end up spilling it on your beautiful carpet. This can be quite an ordeal as coconut milk spills will be tough to clean and it can ruin the way that your carpet looks.
Nobody wants their carpet at home to become soiled and stained thus knowing how to clean up this mess is important. To help you out, below is a guide that you can use in cleaning up unwantedt milk spills on your carpet easily.
1. Quickly grab a clean cloth or a sponge and slowly blot the spilled coconut milk on your carpet. This will help absorb the spilled liquid so that you can extract it out of the carpet fibers. Do this repeatedly until you are able to clean up as much of the spill as you can.
2. The next thing that you have to work on is removing the ugly stain that the coconut milk spill has caused. This can be really tough so you should use the right cleaning products for this task. If you do not have any commercial carpet cleaning products available you can just combine one part of non-bleach laundry detergent and four parts of warm water to make your own homemade cleaning solution.
3. Apply the cleaning solution of your choice onto the soiled area of the carpet. Let the solution soak the ugly milk stain for about three to five minutes to allow it to work its magic.
4. Grab a clean white cloth and repeatedly blot the coconut milk stain on your carpet at home. Do this again and again until all of the stain is removed. This could take some time to complete so you should be patient until your carpet is stain-free once more.
5. Rinse the area where you spilled the milk using a cup of water and then dry it off with a clean rag. This last step is going to prevent any residue from getting left behind on your carpet at home.