Sometimes, when you’re eating at a fast-food restaurant, you just want the most bang for your buck. Whether that means sharing a 10-piece box of nuggets with a friend instead of ordering two meals or splitting up a large soda into two cups when you get home, there are plenty of ways to save money at fast-food chains. But the easiest way is to find a place that gives you plenty of food in the first place. (For more, don’t miss these 108 Most Popular Sodas Ranked by How Toxic They Are.)
Fortunately for fry-lovers, there’s one restaurant that’s known for the sheer amount of fries it gives customers. Five Guys is notorious for giving out incredibly generous portions of its fries, which are cooked in peanut oil and salted to perfection. Anecdotally, multiple Eat This, Not That! staffers have seen Five Guys employees place a full cup of fries into a paper bag, only to fill the bag with even more spuds. I once had a Five Guys employee give me what was probably three times the normal serving amount because she wanted to make a fresh batch and get rid of the old ones.
While a small fry order at chains like Wendy’s or McDonald’s is likely to result in a small bag of wimpy fries, Five Guys will never let you down. Its reputation for fry generosity is well-documented on social media, too. “Five guys is a good burger and even the small fries ends up with a bag full at times,” one fan tweeted about the chain. “Five Guys fries are the best fast food fries you can get. Perfect amount of saltiness and the clerks just fill your bag with ’em,” another person tweeted. And there are plenty more tweets where those came from.
If you don’t need an expansive menu, Five Guys is one of the best fast-food chains you can visit. In addition to its massive fry portions, Five Guys won our cheeseburger taste test. Five Guys doesn’t do many gimmicky, limited-time menu options, but its tried-and-true offerings are hard to beat.
For more on the latest food news, sign up for our newsletter.
Read the original article on Eat This, Not That!
The Worst Burgers in America
20. Red Robin’s MadLove Burger
19. IHOP’s Mega Monster Cheeseburger
18. Friendly’s Honey BBQ Burger
17. TGI Fridays Signature Whiskey-Glazed Burger
16. Red Robin’s The Southern Charm Burger®
15. Perkins BBQ Tangler Burger
14. Perkins’ Patty Melt
13. Red Robin’s Monster Burger
12. Chili’s Southern Smokehouse Beef Burger
11. Uno Pizzeria & Grill Bacon Cheddar Burger
10. Johnny Rockets Route 66 Double Turkey Burger w/ gluten-free bun
9. The Cheesecake Factory’s Americana Cheeseburger
8. The Cheesecake Factory Mushroom Burger
7. Johnny Rockets’ Smoke House Double Burger w/ turkey burger on gluten-free bun
6. Friendly’s Triple Decker Bacon Burger
5. Chili’s The Boss Burger
4. The Cheesecake Factory Bacon-Bacon Cheeseburger
3. Applebee’s Brunch Burger
2. Applebee’s Quesadilla Burger
2. BJ’sRestaurant & Brewhouse Hickory Brisket and Bacon